Purdue Global Facts About Indiana Students
Purdue Global is a public, nonprofit university focused on providing a personalized online learning experience. Read more about Purdue Global and its students and access University policies and procedures.
View our infographic below to review facts and statistics about Purdue Global students in Indiana.
A Track to Degree for Every Adult
World-Class Education Online
Purdue University Global delivers personalized online education tailored to the unique needs of adults who have work or life experience beyond the classroom, enabling them to develop essential academic and professional skills with the support and flexibility they need to achieve their career goals.
Our Hoosier Students
Percentage of Indiana students who:
- Are over the age of 30: 63%
- Are female: 72%
- Are military-affiliated: 14%
- Had neither parent attend college: 54%
- Have a child or other dependent: 63%
- Are older than the average Purdue University West Lafayette student: 97%
- Have prior postsecondary education: 91%
Since Purdue University Global Transition
- Enrollment growth in Indiana since April 2018: 1,024
- Enrollment growth in Indiana since June 2019: 2,846
- In-state tuition savings: greater than $13 million
Source: Purdue Global Office of Reporting and Analysis, August 2019. Includes students who were enrolled prior to the March 2018 purchase of Kaplan University by Purdue University and subsequent creation of Purdue Global. Note: 16% of enrollments are Gift of Knowledge educational benefits recipients.
Salary Increases Post Graduation
- Associate's degree: $10,000
- Bachelor's degree: $13,000
- Master's degree: $12,000
Source: Office of Reporting and Analysis, August 2018. Data include associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s students who graduated on or after April 2, 2018, and self-reported preenrollment (FAFSA) and postgraduation income to Career Services; the increase is the difference between these two values.
Degrees Awarded by Area of Study
- Health sciences: 40%
- Business: 23%
- Social sciences: 15%
- Criminal justice: 6%
- Informationn technology: 6%
- All other: 10%
Enrollment by Degree
- Master's degrees: 23%
- Bachelor's degrees: 57%
- Associate's degrees: 11%
- Certificate/other degrees: 9%
Note: 16% of enrollments are Gift of Knowledge educational benefit recipients.
Source: Unless otherwise noted, data are from the Purdue Global Office of Reporting and Analysis. 2018–2019 academic year.